10.4.09

Project !

My blog was totally untouched from last month. This is truly a long gap. But what to do? This is because I was busy in some other work, so called "PROJECT", The Third Year Project. No time to eat, no time to sleep, no time to sit even for a while without worrying about anything, nothing but a hectic schedule.

Project at Diploma level are given just for the few good reasons - to have fun, to learn something from it, to be able to manage things easily. From these things I just realized the so called 'FUN'. What fun I had along with my friends is known only to me and my friends those who were in my Project Group.

The very first thing we did was to decide the Project Group. Which I guess was the most difficult job according to my friends. But there are many other difficult things we did after that. So, this was nothing. The next big thing was to decide the project. 3 project members and innumerous ideas. So, again a great problem. We came with the final 6 projects. We submitted our synopsis for one of the topic among them, but late changed it again three times.

We started working on the project 15 days before the presentation on the project was declared. In nearly 7 days we completed so called a 'project' from our side and a 'MINI PROJECT' from the others point of view. It was mega from our side because we made a line to line coding by our self. Without seeking anyone's help, without having much knowledge about the language, without knowing the various database options.

The worst thing we did while deciding our project was we were totally confused with the language, because we not having command in any of the computer oriented language, inspite of being a Computer Engineer student. I am not at all ashamed of telling this because no one is perfect by birth and no one becomes perfect at diploma level.

After our presentation we decided to enlarge it little bit. So we added various features to it. Instead of using the word add, we actually changed our project completely in 2 days. We made new GUI, new lines of code and a completely different project.

We faced many difficulties in the period of development of the project, we even faced Mental Harassment from some of the people we came in contact with, specially by one person I don't want to mention the name and spoil my whole blog and in turn my whole life.

The problem was not only while coding but it was again a total dimak kharab situation while making the thesis for the same. The thing which turned me off the most was watching the each and every page coming out of the printer, while the printing process of the thesis was carried out.

At last we are free today and away from the project, completing it up to date from our side. Let's see what the external is going to do with it. But we are totally ready for any damn thing because we have experienced more than worst thing during the whole process.

At last I just want to say few things to my reader:

  1. Never ignore anyone.
  2. Never pretend what you are not.
  3. Answer every call on your cell phone.
  4. Be truth full to yourself.
  5. And the last and important thing - always have a PRIORITY LIST for yourself.


1 comments:

Dhamma said...

Hey.. dats nice... Evn our tym also, v faced sum of same situations.. We started coding wid a bag of knowledge containing only 2 functions "FORM1.SHOW" & "FORM1.HIDE".. I dint share it wid ny1.. bt tellin u dat evn in final demo, our prjct ws nt complted.. V used VB & Oracle bt der ws no relation (Wht v say "Connectivity") btwn dem.. Bt stil our prjct ws assumed to b d best in our class.. Lets c whtz der in Engg.

Post a Comment

Hello !
Let me know your views about me post.